Is Mojo for me?
I'm a beginner programmer
Mojo is not aimed towards beginners, Python is a great choice for a first language and dominates fields like data science and Deep Learning (DL), which is the field responsible for rapid advancements in AI/ML such as Stable Diffusion and ChatGPT.
Mojo is a language focused on addressing the main limitation of Python, which is the lack of low-level control to optimize performance, a problem that doesn't concern beginner programmers.
For a path to becoming a proficient AI/ML developer who'll be able to take advantage of Mojo when it's released, I can recommend this syllabus for someone new to programming:
- CodeAcademy Python: learn the Python basics in a practical fun way.
- Practical deep learning for coders: learn modern practical skills that you can use to build a career in AI/ML.
- Coursera Nand to Tetris: learn the fundamentals about how a computer works at the hardware level, through to machine language, high level language and compilers.
- Python 3 Deep Dive: Circle back to the advanced features and implementation details of Python.
I want to build a product using Mojo
Not yet, Mojo is still only available via an online Jupyter notebook in an interactive playground to experiment with the language, but if you want to get a head start on understanding the language check out the links below.
I'm an experienced engineer curious about Mojo
Yes! There is a budding community of engineers dissatisfied with the current deep learning ecosystem, check the links below and help contribute to the early stages of a very promising language.
- Sign up to the playground waitlist
- Read the FAQ
- Check out the docs
- Check out the GitHub
- Join the Discord